Summertime helpful hints for the ‘littles’ in your life:
- BADGER sunscreen does a great job of BLOCKING sun from penetrating the skin even in our pasty white, red headed, blue eyed boy. It is the only thing we have found (and we have tried LOTS) that does not cause skin irritation or breakouts, and that he doesn’t get even a little bit pink with. Plus, a little goes a LONG way.
- Caterpillar sprinkler that screws on to the end of a hose. It is the cheapest and BEST water play toy for at home, hands down, unless you have a pool. We have tried slip and slides, tarps, other contraptions that are store-bought or made and this one, for $8.99 at HomeGoods and I’m sure other places, is a great memory maker!
- Shaklee’s All purpose cleaner! It’s Scentless, and You can use it to clean windows, clean toilets, clean kitchen counters and even hardwoods… those in Birmingham area, Amy Overby or Stacie Jackson can hook you up!
- Basement Bins: we are able to sort and keep somewhat organized with a water toy bin, a flipflop and bathing suit bin for each child, and a straight sturdy post to slide life jackets on and off.
- We also have multiple loosely packed bags for each child for events like hiking (bug spray, hand sanitizer, hat, bandaids and antiseptic spray), swimming, church, library, and a bag of the old school portable DVD players and DVD movies for road trips.
- One Step Ahead’s Sun Smarties pop up beach tent. We have had ours for 8 years and it is still in very good condition! This was worth every penny spent and so convenient because it collapses down and is worn handsfree as a light weight backpack.
What helps you stay organized when the schedule is non existent?